U Florida Incarus program -- where?

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Oct 9 22:54:31 GMT 2003

Hi All,
	I am interested in tracking down a copy of Incarus to use here at
Auckland to check compliance with our copyright policies.  I have
followed up the links from the slashdot article and searched the U
Florida web site but have been unable to find the actual program.  The
article referred to in the slashdot post describes Incarus as 'open
source' but gives no hints as to where the source is (unless I missed
it).

FWIW our plan is to detect people who are running P2P apps and caution
them about the legal and policy issues.  If they wish to continue using
the application then they must sign a statement which acknowledges that
they understand the legal and policy issues and states that their use of
the application does not infringe any third party's copyright.  This
acknowledges that there are perfectly legitimate uses for this
technology and will hopefully protect the university against charges
that we 'support piracy by allowing our resources to be used to carry it
out'.

--
Russell Fulton, Network Security Officer, The University of Auckland,
New Zealand.