netreg

Wells, Cary cary.wells at ualberta.ca
Mon Oct 20 19:43:52 GMT 2003

Has anyone modified netreg so that it is invisible to the user?  Machine
comes up, gets scanned if clean go onto net if not goes to patches web site?
I want to implement something like this for everyone all the time.  We are
getting slaughtered by non patched machines and I want everyones computers
scanned all the time unless I manually add their mac to a list.  I have 800+
machines under my care and roughly 100 are mine, the rest being academics or
grad students and I have no control over them as far as telling them what
they can and can't do but I can pull them from the network.

Cary Wells
Bio-Sci
Uni of Alberta