Certificate list to block Spyware with windows XP

Jon E. Mitchiner jon.mitchiner at gallaudet.edu
Wed Oct 29 13:51:35 GMT 2003

I found out yesterday that there is a feature with Windows XP called
Software Restriction Policies (SRP).  It appears this policy could block or
prevent spyware from being installed on Windows XP machines by explictly
denying programs from being installed based on certificates.

I thought this was interesting and I'm wondering if anyone has utilized
SRPs?  If so, have you found it to be effective?  Are there any links to a
list of spyware certificates?

Link to SRP:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/rstrplcy.asp

Jon Mitchiner