[unisog] NetReg Circumvention?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Sep 4 02:56:22 GMT 2003

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 18:43:42 EDT, Brian Reilly <reillyb at georgetown.edu>  said:
> For those of you who've implemented a NetReg or similar DHCP-driven
> solution for host registration, have you had many instances of users
> circumventing the process by just assigning themselves static IP
> addresses?  If so, how have you addressed this issue

A baseball bat works wonders :)

Failing that, we find that using our managment net to turn off that port
on that switch usually gets their attention really quickly.  Especially when
we turn off *both* portals in the dorm room - the roommate usually takes
care of finding the baseball bat for us in that case... :)