[unisog] Freedom of Information Act

Chris Stoermer stoermer at unt.edu
Wed Sep 10 14:27:49 GMT 2003

Thanks, Martin!

This is the stuff I was hoping to get.  It looks like Missouri is the only state that has taken some initiative.

I don't mind traditional directory information.  I can hang up on phone calls; there's not much damage you can do to a fax; and snail mail is easy to dispose of.  I just can't believe that something as dangerous as email has become so simple to get.

--Chris

>>> "Martin, James E." <martin at more.net> 09/09/03 10:14AM >>>
In Missouri, we've exempted any details of computer security configuration from disclosure (Section 610.021, R.S.MO 2002). This section was passed as part of Missouri's homeland defense planning.

While there's no redaction requirement, a number of Missouri public sector orgs seem to be removing public user directories under this provision while citing viruses and spam as the threat.

Jim

James E. Martin
JD, CISSP
MOREnet Network Security Coordinator