[unisog] New (No kidding) RPC Vulnerability

Martin, James E. martin at more.net
Wed Sep 10 22:02:13 GMT 2003

A downstream campus shut off the dorm ports on the first day back at school last month, then gave students a choice:

A. They could have a port once they'd been certified as patched to current stable and virus-free by IT staff, or
B. Users with a non-Microsoft operating system were given a number to call for immediate access.

Words cannot express my personal and professional gratitude. :)

Jim