[unisog] Remote Access for vendor support

Rick Hayter rhayter at udallas.edu
Fri Sep 12 14:06:08 GMT 2003

Bob Smith wrote:
> We have been seeing a continuing trend towards new contracts and
> renewals where the vendors are "demanding" remote administrator access
> (terminal services, pcanywhere, etc.) to our servers to provide
> support.

We've asked each of them to sign our "Acceptable Use" policy and our
"Non-disclosure" agreement, set them up an account on our vpn, and
enable/disable the account as necessary for support. So far we've had no
problems.

--
Rick Hayter, Dir. Admin. Computing, University of Dallas
1845 E. Northgate, Irving, TX 75062, 972-721-5363