server-to-admin stat?

Jennifer Luisi jlui at ats.rochester.edu
Wed Sep 17 21:19:30 GMT 2003

Hello there,

I'm embarrassed to ask this here as its not really the purpose of this
list.  And if I had better ideas as to how to find this information, I
would definitely do something else.  If anyone _does_ have a better idea
(Google doesn't count!), please let me know!

I've recently been asked to generate some stats as to the
server-to-administrator ratio at higher ed institutions.  I know that this
can vary widely by department, machine type, etc, but any numbers (or
educated guesses) you might have would be much appreciated.

I'm looking for data on Unix/Windows/Desktop, any and all.

Thanks!

Jen

Jennifer Luisi				University of Rochester
Systems Administrator			Rochester, NY