[unisog] New scanner based on UCONN NetReg scanner

Eric Pancer epancer at security.depaul.edu
Fri Sep 19 20:28:46 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 14:09:55 +1200, Russell Fulton proclaimed...

> 	I have spent quite a lot of time over the last week reworking the
> Netreg scanner, in the process I have found that I have not forgotten as
> much C and low level socket stuff as I had assumed ;)  It is 10 years
> since I did this sort of stuff!
>
> The main thrust of this work was to get something that would work on
> Solaris, something that would run much faster than other other scanners
> available and would work on arbitrary CIDR blocks.

Just so the listeners know: this also compiles on OpenBSD 3.3 (x86)
and is linked against /usr/lib/libc.so.29.0.

Thanks for magically porting it, Russ!

--
Eric Pancer     Computer Security Response Team     DePaul University
http://security.depaul.edu/               epancer at security.depaul.edu
pgp: 1024D/7ACBCFF3 C022 4991 41E5 51E7 683C F765 62F7 7F8E 7ACB CFF3