[unisog] New scanner based on UCONN NetReg scanner

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Sat Sep 20 02:37:51 GMT 2003

On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 06:49, Jordan Wiens wrote:
> By the way, when I run it like so:
>
> ./rpcscan_sol -c 20 aa.bb.0.0/16 > aa.bb.txt&
> tail -f aa.bb.txt
>
> Eventually, I get lots of lines like:
> 	aa.bb.cc.dd Connect:Resource temporarily unavailable

Which OS?

I can check for this wait a sec and retry the connect but I don't think
that will cure the problem.  You will have to figure out what  its
running out of -- most likely thing is sockets.

hmmm.... that is presumably EAGAIN, linux connect man page says:

       EAGAIN No  more free local ports or insufficient entries in the routing
              cache. For PF_INET see the  net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range  sysctl
              in ip(7) on how to increase the number of local ports.

> I'm going to try it with less processes in the hopes that that helps.

On linux I've run it with -p 100 without problems.
--
Russell Fulton, Network Security Officer, The University of Auckland,
New Zealand.