[unisog] RE: XP SP2 Compatible with SUS?

Derek Ethier derek.ethier at humber.ca
Fri Aug 6 13:24:18 GMT 2004

So far it's been impossible to test.  SUS approved updates come directly from
MS update servers, and there have not been any approved updates for XP SP2 yet
(the BITS update, yes, but this wasn't applicable to non-SP2 machines).

That being said, I would be very surprised if MS released this SP without
support for SUS (or the upcoming WUS).  If anything, there may be another
update for SUS released for compatibility, but I haven't heard anything about
it (or any expected release dates for WUS).

As for service pack 2, I have been nothing but impressed with it since it's
first beta release (yes, it is a little buggy, but that's why it's still beta).
 The improvements are definately worth the wait.