[unisog] AV for MACS

David Foster foster at ncmir.ucsd.edu
Sat Dec 4 00:28:23 GMT 2004

Well I would submit that in todays networking environment folks
like you are part of the problem. I work on Solaris, Linux and
IRIX systems, and my attitude used to be somewhat aligned with
yours. Until I was forced to install Sophos Antivirus software
on all systems to comply with our new campus minimum standards
for network security, and saw how many virus-laden files I had
on my systems.

What you claim is the "only reason" for running Mac AV software
is definitely reason enough, IMHO. Even if we assume that your
Mac is safe from virii, for the time being, do you really think
that is the only issue here?

Dave Foster