[unisog] AV for MACS

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Dec 6 16:29:49 GMT 2004

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 16:28:23 PST, David Foster said:
> Well I would submit that in todays networking environment folks
> like you are part of the problem. I work on Solaris, Linux and
> IRIX systems, and my attitude used to be somewhat aligned with
> yours. Until I was forced to install Sophos Antivirus software
> on all systems to comply with our new campus minimum standards
> for network security, and saw how many virus-laden files I had
> on my systems.

OK.. I'll bite - which systems did you find the virus-laden files *on*,
and which viruses were identified as present?

Did it actually find Solaris/Linux/Irix/macro viruses, or did it find
Windows viruses on a Unixoid system being used as a file/mail/whatever server?

(Note that the answer is interesting as a data point either way..)