[unisog] AV for MACS

nigel kersten nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Mon Dec 6 18:00:21 GMT 2004

Norton AV is ok, it's Norton Utilities that is intrusive on the Mac
these days.

My campus was a long time Virex customer, but the OS X version has been
horrific, it was slow, didn't automatically scan, and couldn't update
prefs automatically.

I believe the latest version may have changed some of this.

I run Amavisd/SpamAssassin/ClamAV on my OS X Server mail server. ClamAV
is great, and I'm about to start running it on my file server as well.

nigel
--
Nigel Kersten				Systems Administrator
College of Fine Arts, UNSW 	Sydney, Australia.