[unisog] Good spam forgery getting me.

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Fri Dec 17 23:13:12 GMT 2004

* Pete Hickey:

> So I'm wondering, "why?"  and "why me?"

It's not just you.  The good forgeries started some time around 2003.
If you still process spam complaints, the only reasonable approach is
to discard all logs you receive from others, and work only with your
own logs whose integrity is crystal-clear.

If you assign addresses dynamically, you can generate more logs by
forcefully assigning a new IP address to the customer.  If the IP
address in the complaints follows the address change, the complaints
are very likely legitimate.