[unisog] drone armies/botnets research and mitigation mailing list

Dave Ellingsberg dave.ellingsberg at csu.mnscu.edu
Wed Dec 29 18:04:07 GMT 2004

add me to your list.  I run our Snort systems and nessus scanners.

bigfoot

>>> ge at linuxbox.org 12/28/2004 4:48:53 PM >>>
Hi. It was suggested to me that I email this here by the people at the

#UNISOG IRC channel.

We are in the process of forming a new drone armies/botnets research
and
mitigation mailing list.

Unlike other resources (which we don't come to compete with), this
list
will bring together anti virus researchers/reverse engineers, network
admins and others who may be able to contribute.

AV researchers and reverse engineers see the samples first, and can
alert the rest of us. They can analyze samples and find relevant
information.

Network admins can help with mitigation and hunting.

Some trusted and vetted in real life IRC operators are also welcome.

The list is open to EDU's as well.

Anyone interested in joining the list, please send me a note.

I am not involved with UNISOG, and therefore I will try and rely on
members I do know for preliminary vetting.

Other people who help with vetting are Paul Vixie, Hank Nussbacher and

Stephen Gill.

	Gadi.