[unisog] DMCA Reports and No-Reply Addresses

PaulFM paulfm at me.umn.edu
Thu Dec 30 16:36:58 GMT 2004

If your mail server is set up correctly, it should only accept mail From
valid users at valid dns names (check the full headers of the message and
your mail-server logs to look for the envelope from address).

Additionally.  Since the return address is fake, you could probably persue
legal acction against the sender since this message now becomes an anonymous
threat.

I would at minumum, find out the source mail server and block it with the
error message - Blocked for sending Threatening spam.

Don't fill out the form, contact a lawyer and check the legal status of this
(I don't think e-mail is an acceptable notification method for legal purposes).

Obviously check the content they mention.