[unisog] DMCA Reports and No-Reply Addresses

Eric Pancer epancer at security.depaul.edu
Thu Dec 30 20:11:53 GMT 2004

PaulFM wrote on Thu, 2004-12-30 at 10:36:58 -0600...

> If your mail server is set up correctly, it should only accept mail From
> valid users at valid dns names (check the full headers of the message and
> your mail-server logs to look for the envelope from address).

Nah, we like to see all sorts of fun hitting us. It's let's us see
0-hour, email-bourne, malware.

> Additionally.  Since the return address is fake, you could probably persue
> legal acction against the sender since this message now becomes an
> anonymous threat.

*laughs* Hey, we already received another one today :)

Cheers!

--
Eric Pancer :.: Computer Security Response Team :.: DePaul University
http://security.depaul.edu/ .:`:.:':.:`:. epancer at security.depaul.edu
pgp: 1024D/7ACBCFF3 C022 4991 41E5 51E7 683C F765 62F7 7F8E 7ACB CFF3