[unisog] DMCA Reports and No-Reply Addresses

Rita Saltz rita at Princeton.EDU
Fri Dec 31 17:29:28 GMT 2004

I never have had a problem contacting the BayTSP people by telephone
unless I call very early in the morning, Eastern time.  The phone
number I've used is 408-341-2300, which has appeared in the notices
I've received (via e-mail) regarding infringements.

You probably will want to consult your own institution's attorneys
regarding this, but it has been my belief that a properly "signed"
e-mail notice is acceptable under the DMCA.  The notices from the
BayTSP folks on behalf of various studios seem to have carried a
reference to the signature key, which works for me.

The odd and invalid address might have been a programming error (it
happens, even in the 21st century), which those folks can get corrected
if/when notified.

I find e-mail notice particularly convenient, so long as all the
appropriate bits are present and intelligible.

Rita Saltz
(among other things) DMCA Agent for Princeton University
rita at princeton.edu