[unisog] Dropping executables - who does it?

Hunt,Keith A keith at uakron.edu
Tue Feb 3 14:18:43 GMT 2004

We have been refusing to deliver executable attachments for quite some
time, and there has been no real squawking from our users.  In addition,
our virus scanners unzip compressed files in order to scan the contents.

I am a little concerned what might happen if it becomes common to secure
.zip files with passwords.  Anyone have any thoughts on that issue?

Keith Hunt  330.972.7968  keith at uakron.edu
Internet & Server Systems
The University of Akron