[unisog] Dropping executables - who does it?

Steven Leikeim steven at enel.ucalgary.ca
Fri Feb 6 21:55:19 GMT 2004

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 02:15:06PM -0500, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 12:01:04 CST, Christopher A Bongaarts said:
>
> > most(?) places, will turn you off if you get infected.  (And we do
> > have a policy in place requiring AV on all systems connected to the
> > network, and a site license to eliminate excuses ;)
>
> I'll bite.  What software did you site license that will run on
> AIX, Solaris, IRIX, or Linux (to name just a few of the boxes that
> I have to admin?) - or any other non-Microsoft system?
>
> Or do you just punt and say Tripwire counts as A/V? ;)

McAfee (Network Associates) will run on most of the boxes listed. Specifically,
VirusScan runs on Windows, Linux, HP-UX, SCO, AIX and Solaris. Anytime we've
gotten updates they have been available for all platforms at the same time.
This is what we have site-licensed here at the University.

--
Steven Leikeim                        |
University of Calgary                 |   There are lies, damned lies,