The Impact of Spam on your Institution

Tim Lane tlane at scu.edu.au
Mon Feb 9 22:01:23 GMT 2004

Hi All,

I am interested in understanding the impact of SPAM on other institutions
(ours is growing to be a major problem despite some technical controls in
place).

Specifically, if anyone was able to answer the following questions that
would be very appreciated: (I will be sending a summary of responses from
this and other forums later in the week):

1) Is SPAM a non problem, minor problem or major problem in your
institution? (perhaps incidcate % of spam received of total email).

2) Is or has your institution actively addressing SPAM in a way that has or
will substantialy reduce the impact of SPAM?

3) What type of controls (both technical and human) are being used?

Thanks I would really appreciate any feedback on this.

Tim Lane

Tim Lane
Information Security Program Manager

Information Technology and Telecommunication Services
Southern Cross University
PO Box 157 Lismore NSW 2480

Ph:  61 2 6620 3290
Fax: 61 2 6620 3033