[unisog] On the security of non-Windows op systems

Matt Crawford crawdad at fnal.gov
Tue Feb 17 17:26:12 GMT 2004

On Feb 15, 2004, at 8:58 PM, Phillip G Deneault wrote:
> Another option is to apply many of the same security features in
> OpenVMS
> into another OS.  Some of the fine grain controls available in OpenVMS
> are
> available in SELinux.

I was a VMS cluster admin once upon a time.  I was singularly
"disimpressed" with the variety of VMS privilege bits, because a
majority of them had the same effective strength -- full access.  Yes,
I know there are other access control mechanisms as well.

Have you looked into OS X's authorization and rights scheme?