[unisog] On the security of non-Windows op systems

Hiris, Jeffrey Richard Jeffrey_Hiris at brown.edu
Tue Feb 17 18:32:44 GMT 2004

Hi Selden, et al:

FWIW, the lowest-end IA64 is not yet priced for VMS, but I could swear I
saw a single CPU base price of under $3K for Windows/Linux models in som
earticle or other.  Basically, by the time VMS 8.2 is generally
available I'd expect that the least-server buyin for these IA64 systems
will be the same as for e.g. the lowest-end dual-CPU IA32 Proliants.

And it beats me what's decaying about VMS--seems to run well enough, day
after week after month after year...

Jeff Hiris, System Manager            Jeffrey_Hiris at brown.edu
Box G-B223                                     Phone: 401-863-3317
CHCR, Brown University 02912      FAX: 401-863-7912