VA Tech Security Seminar Reminder, $100/person

marchany at vt.edu marchany at vt.edu
Tue Feb 17 21:15:25 GMT 2004

We (VA Tech) are sponsoring a 3 day security seminar here at our
campus in Blacksburg, VA. The seminar info can be found at
www.conted.vt.edu/isect. We're offering some of the old single day SANS
courses.
Highlights:

Day 1: Logging & Security: Building an Entrprise Logging Infrastructure taught
by Dr. Tina Bird

Day 2, 3: Wireless Security (hands on) taught by Drew Fahey, Eric Smith.

Cost: $100/person for the entire 3 days
Eligibility: any faculty or staff from an accredited EDU (higher ed, k-12)

You pay for transportation to Blacksburg, VA (nearest commercial airport is
Roanoke, VA - about 35 miles away, USAIR, Delta, United), lodging and food.

Please pass this on to anyone you think would be interested. This is the 3rd
year we've done this here on campus. It's part of our quest to get adequate
training to EDU IT staff.

Thanks.

	Randy Marchany
	Director, IT Security Lab