[unisog] Do any of you IM?

Hiris, Jeffrey Richard Jeffrey_Hiris at brown.edu
Wed Feb 25 18:58:08 GMT 2004

Hi all:

FWIW, this is all getting a 'tad abstract for me.  Personally, I'd tend
to draw the line at what to share between discussing what "it" does and
what "I" or "my facility" does.  Discussions of Windows behavior make
perfect sense, as do discussions of how well specific Nessus filters
work and so forth.  On the other hand, if you have a stealth monitor
located on a hub I don't want you to tell me, much less give the list
the version of the scanner, OS, IP address, and root authorization
mechanism.

of course, that's just my take.

as for IM, I personally don't have the time, but security is a small bit
of my overall set of tasks.  I'm surprised there isn't a gaggle of such
things in place already.

fight the good fight, one and all

Jeff