[unisog] ports 63808, 63809, and 65506?

Kevin T. Shivers kts at umd.edu
Tue Jan 20 20:08:00 GMT 2004

It's a variant of Agobot/Gaobot.  I found a host today doing the same
thing, connecting to 65.248.27.5:9900 and sitting in #agobot, and having a
high numbered port that sends a lot of data when I connect to it, I'm
guessing thats the port that recently infected hosts connect to and the
worm sends over it's payload since I could decipher some Windows programming
functions in the gibberish.

http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.hllw.gaobot.fq.html
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100785.htm

Both sites have some info, there are litterally hundreds of variants of
this guy out there, the SARC link at the top has one of the newest
versions which is probably what your computers are infected with.  An
antivirus scan of the system with up to date DAT files should remove it.

kts

--
Kevin T. Shivers

IT Security Analyst                                CSS4417
Office of Information Technology            (301) 405-8836
University of Maryland, College Park
OIT Security: (301) 226 HACK