[unisog] 10 minute web browsing and out....

Greg Francis francis at gonzaga.edu
Sat Jan 31 06:49:25 GMT 2004

A problem that we've encountered is that IE will stop resolving hostnames
unless http:// is prepending to the request. For example, www.gonzaga.edu
would never resolve and there would be an error but you would get to the
page just fine if you enter http://www.gonzaga.edu. We've seen this
problem both in IE5.5 and IE6.0. Netscape doesn't appear to have a problem
on the same system and using nslookup or ping from the same box works
fine. I haven't tried IM though and e-mail is Exchange based.

Greg

--
Greg Francis                                Gonzaga University
Sr. System Administrator                    Spokane Washington