[unisog] New virus - not caught by central servers (fwd)

Scott M. Dier sdier at cs.umn.edu
Tue Jul 27 20:50:43 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 15:11, Frank Bulk wrote:
> That brings up an interesting point, and perhaps people could
> comment.  For every hour of email processing down, how long does it
> take for your queue to get processed once things are back up?  And
> what would you guess your bottleneck to be, the spam gateway/virus
> gateway/messaging system/bandwidth?

Last time this happened for an extended period of time (6 hours?) it
took about 2 hours to catch up, I think.  Our bottleneck is spamassassin
(because it does some useful external lookups). (We use
postfix/amavisd-new with clamav/SA)

I'm testing out dspam here to replace spamassassin.

--
Scott Dier <sdier at cs.umn.edu>
CS/IT Systems Staff