[unisog] New virus - not caught by central servers (fwd)

MARYAN STUBBS mstubbs at facstaff.wisc.edu
Wed Jul 28 16:34:18 GMT 2004

From: Eric Pancer <epancer at security.depaul.edu>
Date: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 5:03 pm
Subject: Re: [unisog] New virus - not caught by central servers (fwd)

> If there was an easy way to convert a 50-something sending-jokes-
> and-forwards-to-their-son-or-daughter Internet jockey, I'd be the
> first to start promoting it.
>
> - Eric

I really don't see the utility of age-bashing in
this discussion. It may come as a shock to you
that there are many 50-somethings that have used
unix and/or other operating systems. People use
what their employer tells them to use and what
they need to use to do their job. If you've been
going around trying to get your "aged" coworkers
to convert to some other OS and they've ignored
you, you may need to consider that your considerable
age-bias is being conveyed to them and influencing
their rejection of your platform. I'd recommend
replacing YOU with more mature;
they'd likely be more successful in promoting another operating system or perhaps be more successful in securing the one people want to use.