[unisog] Netreg and scanning

Matt Crawford crawdad at fnal.gov
Tue Jun 1 22:20:09 GMT 2004

> Has anyone setup a netreg system that doesn't need a login?  I want to
> setup
> a DHCP scanner that will scan all machines on dhcp request but without
> all
> the fuss of them signing in.

We send a syslog stream form the DHCP server to kick off the scanning
before the login has completed, in order to minimize the delay.  When
registration is completed, that web server queries the scanner and gets
back "starting", "in progress", "done, passed" or "done, problems
found".

Take away the registration process and that's pretty much what you're
asking for.