[unisog] Use of web cache devices

Jason Richardson A00JER1 at wpo.cso.niu.edu
Thu Jun 3 20:30:11 GMT 2004

A couple of quick questions, how many of you are or have run web
cache/accelerators in your networks?  For those of you that have, how
big is your school, how big is your network pipe, and do you still
have
it?  We have been running a Cacheflow (now known as Bluecoat) web cache
6045
for a few years with somewhat mixed results.  Our current device has
EOL'ed and we are considering whether to replace it with the
recommended
replacement that can also be leveraged as a security device of sorts -
at a high price of course.  Any input would be appreciated.

TIA,

---
Jason Richardson
Manager, IT Security and Client Development
Enterprise Systems Support
Northern Illinois University
Voice: 815-753-1678
Fax: 815-753-2555