[unisog] sudden increase in NetBIOS probes

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Mon Jun 7 20:29:23 GMT 2004

	About 51,000 probes (all dropped) between 11 and 12 today against
74,000 a week ago for the same hour, so it looks less here. However back on
Friday we lost some 18 machines to the korgo virus all of which were scanning
very hard on port 445 out (but being dropped at the border router so not
bothering anyone but me and now the owners of the various machines :-)) so
you may be seeing fallout from machines infected with that.