[unisog] script (perl ?) for monitoring connectivity to a few web sites

Tom Throckmorton throck at duke.edu
Sun Jun 20 00:25:30 GMT 2004

Russell,

You might consider downloading and building any current release of the
Nagios plugins (found at http://www.nagios.org/download/ - should
compile easily with a vanilla ./configure;make) and use the included
check_http plugin.

You could easily run it standalone (out of cron, perhaps?) to perform
http checks, as it returns an exit code that you could evaluate and
handle as you see fit.

Hope this helps,

-tt

--