[unisog] executable for setting windows updates?

Matt Ashfield (UNB) mda at unb.ca
Mon Jun 21 16:23:19 GMT 2004

Hi

We are looking into developing a program that would setup a Windows computer
to be configured to automatically download and install patches via windows
update.

The thinking here is that as students arrive this fall for classes with
their own computers, we'd like them to have to run this program as part of
the process of registering their computer on the network.

Is anyone else out there doing such a thing? Care to share your approach?

Just thought i'd check here first!

Thanks

Matthew Ashfield
Network Analyst