[unisog] Hidden Ftp erver

Gary Dobbins dobbins at nd.edu
Tue Jun 22 21:45:58 GMT 2004

netstat -ao

This will reveal the PID of the process owning each listening socket.
    Take the PID, look in Task Manager, and....there's your process.

A tool like ProcViewer from sysinternals.com is an easy way to see
what files/handles a process has open.  You may want to do this before
killing the FTP-serving proc - might be a helpful part of tracking
down its effects on your filesystem.