[unisog] Hidden Ftp erver

Harris, Michael C. HarrisMC at health.missouri.edu
Tue Jun 22 22:00:19 GMT 2004

We found the same symptoms you describe, but also outbound port 445
scanning.

Newer NAV definitions after 6/20 rev 9 or 6/21 detected Korgo.P
It was not detected by earlier definition sets at all and was a randomly
named .exe

The process id was very low (like 4) and was not detectable with the
process monitors people are recommending

I got the process id from Fport detecting the outbound scanning, but
could not kill the process remove it.
When disconnected from the network Fport did not see the process either.
But when connected and scanning to replicate 10 threads of a low
numbered unnamed process were present.

Mike