[unisog] Hidden Ftp erver

Sergent, Phil sergent at marshall.edu
Thu Jun 24 13:52:10 GMT 2004

Excerpt:

Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Mark Russinovich
Last Updated: May 25, 2004 v8.4

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml

Introduction
Ever wondered which program has a particular file or directory open? Now
you can find out. Process Explorer shows you information about which
handles and DLLs processes have opened or loaded.

The Process Explorer display consists of two sub-windows. The top window
always shows a list of the currently active processes, including the
names of their owning accounts, whereas the information displayed in the
bottom window depends on the mode that Process Explorer is in: if it is
in handle mode you'll see the handles that the process selected in the
top window has opened; if Process Explorer is in DLL mode you'll see the
DLLs and memory-mapped files that the process has loaded. Process
Explorer also has a powerful search capability that will quickly show
you which processes have particular handles opened or DLLs loaded.

The unique capabilities of Process Explorer make it useful for tracking
down DLL-version problems or handle leaks, and provide insight into the
way Windows and applications work.

Phil Sergent                                      MU
Systems Programmer
Marshall University
Computing Services/Systems Group
Drinko Library 422a
Huntington, WV  25755-5320
304/696-3689 (Desk) 304/696-3601 (FAX)
Email: sergent at marshall.edu
It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.