[unisog] Possible fales positives for MS04-007

Clarke Morledge chmorl at wm.edu
Tue Mar 2 19:12:53 GMT 2004

Russell,

We have seen problems with the Nessus scan when running over a subnet
range.  Querying individual hosts is more accurate (not sure why that is).

The 007scan has worked very well for us and does not seem to have the
trouble that the Nessus scan has. So it would be good to know if anyone
else can confirm your observations regarding 007scan.

And yes, the numbers for false positives are low in any case.

Clarke Morledge
College of William and Mary
Williamsburg VA 23187
chmorl at wm.edu