[unisog] sync files

Bob Johnson bob88 at eng.ufl.edu
Fri Mar 5 17:03:56 GMT 2004

Trying to run rsync simultaneously in both directions sounds like a good
way to set up some sort of infinite loop.  If its docs don't explicitly
say you can do that, it's probably not a good idea.  At the very least
you risk losing changes if the same file is changed at the same time on
both systems.

I think what you really need is something like the Coda file system, but
that is not by any stretch of the imagination "a small utility or
script". See http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/

- Bob