Policy for student owned servers in the ResNet

Stephen Bernard sbernard at gmu.edu
Tue Mar 23 23:59:47 GMT 2004

I am interested to know what institutions allow/require that students
register systems which will act as servers in the residence networks,
and how that is managed. The most common policies that I've found so far
are either completely open or no serving is allowed at all from the
residence networks. I think that both of these approaches are dangerous
so I'm interested to learn about the approach and reasoning used by
others who have taken the registration tack.

Regards,

Steve Bernard
Sr. Systems Engineer, NET
George Mason University