[unisog] Policy for student owned servers in the ResNet

John K Lerchey lerchey at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Mar 27 05:30:35 GMT 2004

We don't block servers at all, but do have bandwidth limits.  That tends
to stop aggregeous (sp) things, but still allows students to put up their
web servers and the like.

So far, it's worked pretty well for us.

John K. Lerchey
Computer and Network Security Coordinator
Computing Services
Carnegie Mellon University