[unisog] SpamAssassin Rules Question

Adam D. Lopresto adam at pubcrawler.org
Mon May 3 20:48:41 GMT 2004

On Mon, 3 May 2004, Erik Ball wrote:

> What file(s) dictate the point values associated with a matching rule in
> SpamAssassin?

It depends on where it's installed, but it's usually in
/usr/share/spamassassin/50_scores.cf, but see below...

> I want to increase the point value associated with rules like
> CLICK_BELOW, GUARANTEED_STUFF, etc...

You don't want to change the provided files, because they get rewritten any
time you upgrade.  What you probably want to do instead is add your own local
changes to /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf, where they won't conflict.

> After doing this, can I issue: kill -HUP xxx to restart spamd and get
> the changes to take effect?

I don't believe so.  I think you have to really kill it and restart it again.
--
Adam Lopresto
http://cec.wustl.edu/~adam/

There are always more fish in the sea, not as cute, nor as rich, but fish
nevertheless.
    --From a fortune cookie