[unisog] Re: Nessus Scanning

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Mon May 10 20:28:25 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 05:00, Jens Haeusser wrote:

> I know that many of you scan with a subset of the Nessus plugins- which
> do you consider the most critical? Do any of you keep the list updated
> on a website somewhere?

I'd also be very interested in such a list, particularly if someone was
regularly maintaining it.

Also has anyone written a script to extract out the vital information
from all the fluff that nessus provides.  My guess is that by far the
easiest way would be to get nessus to write an xml report and use the
perl nessus modules to parse it.

--
Russell Fulton                                    /~\  The ASCII
Network Security Officer                          \ /  Ribbon Campaign