[unisog] MIT Security Camp: Call for Speakers

Tim McGovern tjm at MIT.EDU
Thu May 20 18:10:10 GMT 2004

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to invite you to submit a proposal to speak at the 2004
MIT Security Camp. This year's camp will be held on MIT's remarkable
campus August 19-20, 2004.

The theme of this year's conference is "Be the change you want to see."

While we want to draw your attention to the many changes that we are
undertaking at MIT -- in our physical campus, our Information
Services & Technology organization, and our approaches to security.
-- we also want to acknowledge what you all know -- the only
constancy in the I/T Security business is exponentially increasing
rates of change.  How can we cope, and how can we become the change
that we want to see?

Given all of that, we are looking for speakers and presenters who are
meeting these ever increasing demands with new and innovative
approaches to the whole range of challenges -- old and new.

You might consider a talk in one of these I/T Security areas:

    Policy and Strategy
    Awareness and Assessment
    Preparation and Prevention
    Detection and Reaction
    Recovery and Restoration
    Risk Management / Assurance

... or feel free to suggest something else entirely.

Anyone is eligible to submit a proposal -- whether you're a
first-time attendee of Security Camp or an "old hand."   Come to camp
and share what you've learned, what works, what doesn't and why.

We would like to get your preliminary proposal -- speaker name(s), a
brief synopsis and time estimate -- by June 15th so that we can try
and accommodate as many different presentations as possible.

Send your proposal to <security-admin at mit.edu>.

The registration process for camp should be ready by the end of the
month, as will other parts of the Security Camp web site
(http://web.mit.edu/net-security/Camp/)

Thanks... we look forward to seeing all of you in August.

Tim McGovern
I/T Security Support
Information Services & Technology
MIT