[unisog] Re: NANOG 31: Real and Multicast broadcast information.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sun May 23 23:03:30 GMT 2004

UMTP 'last mile' multicast tunneling agents again available for trial:

As I have done for recent IETFs, I am making available - for the duration
of the upcoming NANOF meeting - trial versions of my UMTP tunneling agents:
"liveGate" and "liveGateForIntranets".  (These will allow you to watch the
upcoming NANOG multicast session (and other multicast sessions) from a
non-MBone-connected network.)

You set up a tunnel by running two tunnel endpoints:

1/ On a computer that's **already on the MBone** (preferably a computer
that's topologically close to you), download and run "liveGate":
	http://www.live.com/liveGate/
     Configure this using the instructions in:
	http://www.live.com/liveGate/configuration.html

2/ On a computer that's **not** on the MBone (e.g., your home PC, or a
server on your (non-MBone-accessible) LAN, download and run
"liveGateForIntranets":
	http://www.live.com/lgfi4256/
     Configure this using the instructions in:
	http://www.live.com/lgfi4256/configuration.html

For example, the following "liveGateInit" file (for "liveGateForIntranets")
can be used to receive the upcoming NANOG MBone session:

##### Sample "liveGateInit" file for "liveGateForIntranets" #####
liveGate_createTunnel <name-or-IP-address-of-your-remote-liveGate-server>

liveGate_startRelayingRTP 224.2.174.81 51314 127 ;# video
liveGate_startRelayingRTP 224.2.174.82 28256 127 ;# audio
##### End of sample "liveGateInit" file for "liveGateForIntranets" #####

	Ross.

ps. For more information about UMTP (the multicast tunneling protocol), see
<http://www.live.com/umtp.txt>