[unisog] AOL rejects forwarding?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Nov 2 21:31:40 GMT 2004

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 15:36:43 EST, Brenden Conte said:
> It looks to me as if you're domain/IP has been reported too many times
> as the source of spam (incorrectly, since you're forwarding).
>
> This is a larger problem that I havn't heard a good solution to -
> forwarding all mail for a user, then having that user report spam
> messages as such to RBLs or ISPs, and since you're last on the header
> list, you're marked as the spammer.

The real problem there is the spam-reporting channel not having a good
way to verify which Received: headers can in fact be trusted (although
for the 80% or so of spam that goes via a zombie, it's actually pretty
obvious on examination, but difficult to automate).

It gets *really* fun when you have a migrant user and the forwarding is
stacked 3 or 4 levels deep... ;)