[unisog] AOL rejects forwarding?

Pete Hickey pete at shadows.uottawa.ca
Wed Nov 3 12:11:08 GMT 2004

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 05:16:05PM -0500, Bob Johnson wrote:
> This is standard practice for AOL.  If their users complain of spam,
> they block the system they got the spam from, regardless of whether it
> originated with you or you forwarded it for a legitimate user.

    "Shoot first, ask questions later."

This was our experience as well.  When we looked into it, it turned
out that there was no basis for their blocking.  It took a few days
to get things straightened out.  We were in contact with humans
to get it fixed.....  busy humans without too much time.

--
Pete Hickey                                       /~\  The ASCII
The University of Ottawa                          \ /  Ribbon Campaign