[unisog] AOL rejects forwarding?

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Wed Nov 3 14:44:25 GMT 2004

> Try the feedback loop and see what it tells you

We've had that for a long time, but the ones we act on are the
ones pointing to an origin in our domain.  The loop often gives us
the first pointer we see to compromised hosts, and we take them
down.

When it's spam coming from outside, there's not really anything
we expect to do about it other than tweak our filtering.  It's
going to keep coming.  If we have to send practically spam-free
mail to aol, that is just not possible.

Joseph Brennan
Academic Technologies Group, Academic Information Systems (AcIS)
Columbia University in the City of New York