[unisog] AOL rejects forwarding?

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Wed Nov 3 19:35:55 GMT 2004

> Are you guys using any DNSBLs?  It's quite possible that the reason they
> are complaining about forwarded spam is that you're forwarding a lot of
> spam!

Speaking for us... we are using three DNSBLs, Spamassassin, a slew
of Mimedefang rules, and a huge locally maintained deny list.  We
reject about 40% of the mail from outside.

But that is totally beside the point.  The only reason our hosts
send message one to aol is that our=their users have requested
forwarding to aol.  My goal currently is to get a clear position
from aol on mail forwarding.

Joseph Brennan
Academic Technologies Group, Academic Information Systems (AcIS)
Columbia University in the City of New York